Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike hits Wilson's

I got a text this morning around 7:30am from a friend of mine saying Wilson's is flooded from all the rain. I think yeah yeah the back parking lot like usual when we get some rain. She said no this is worse than I've ever seen, it is almost to the front door. So I tell Casey. I wasn't feeling the best this morning so I told him I thought going to McD's for breakfast sounded good. I know I know not healthy but it was good! :) So when Harper woke up we loaded up to get breakfast and drive by Wilson's. I took the camera just in case Jentry was for real. We found a mess!! Then after Casey went to work I get a phone call from a lady I work with that we will be closed until at least Wednesday morning and we will be doing some clean up when we can. So I had to go up to work to get some numbers and it was crazy! We always hear about flooding and everything but it never seems real until it hits home. In the main building we do not have water yet. We have a parking garage under us so that helps but it is all the way up to the top of that/bottom of the building. MAC Soccer and FIT are under. They think there is about 8 ft of water in them. It is amazing to see. I got a call from a lady at work that we are going to be closed until at least Wednesday morning. This way we can get the place around Wilson's cleaned up. I went in for a few minutes. It was crazy to see how high the water was. Later this evening Casey and I got out because I got another call that we are going to try to start cleaning up in the morning. The water has gone down quite a bit but it is still high on the buildings.










3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, it is flooded. I didn't go down and look today becuase I had to take Hunter home and she lives off South Hampton and by the time we got home I was tired of being in a car. Have fun with the clean up!

The Stoner Family said...

OMG! That is crazy! I cannot believe it and the fact that it was so bad!!

Bailey's Daily said...

HOLY CRAP!!! THATS A LOT OF WATER!!!! I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS THAT HIGH!!!