Saturday, December 13, 2008

Big Steps...

Harper has been showing interest in going potty in the big potty lately. To the point she will take her pants and diaper off and try to get on the potty. She will tell us she has to go, she may have just gone in her diaper but she is being good about telling us, most of the time. So the other day Casey and I got her a potty chair at Wal Mart. Thinking why not, we will have to at some point neways. So she will sit on it before she takes a bath. But nothing happens. I am at work yesterday, Friday, and get a text from Carolyn "Harper just pooped in the potty!!!!" We were so excited. She was eating breakfast, told Carolyn she had to poop, sat on the potty, and there it was. It scared her but she did it. Then this morning, she woke me up, "Momma popo in potty", so I got up took her to her little potty. We sat in there for about 15 minutes but she did it. Yes it scared her again. She got up, I put her back on there and she went again. That really scared her, she stood up looked in her potty and more came out. But I was okay with cleaning that up since she went in the potty. So I put her on the big potty to finish and she went some more. I told her big of girl she was and she was so happy. I had to call my mom about pictures today so Harper told her Poo poo in potty. Who knows if this is really going to lead into full potty training but I think it is a good start!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

So exciting!

The Barnes Crew said...

Yeah Harper!! Pooping on the potty is the hardest thing to do and she's done...potty training her should be a snap!

emily and kyle said...

Yay!! I just hope the pictures you were talking to your mom about had nothing to do with the pooping experience! :)